Wednesday, June 13, 2007

homecoming blah blah

After a year away from home I've finally come back, but for a very
short visit only - six days, in fact. I was not so sure I was thrilled
about it though (others in the same situation would normally be). Being
with friends and family again was truly wonderful, but seeing Metro
Manila, as shabby and mussy as ever, was never fun. Spaghetti wires
hanging on the lamp posts, piles of garbage on the streets, ran-down
buildings, unruly drivers, and dingy shanties everywhere.
Why we tolerate such pitiful conditions was really baffling, and even
frustrating.

Well, that's just the big whiner in me talking.

Six days. Paranaque. Tagaytay. Manila. Pasay. Makati.
Shopping with family.

Dinner with some friends here and there.
Movies with the kids (niece and nephew).
Shopping again with family.

Got to see my two baby nieces, born January and May this year. Had so much fun bugging those angels ha ha ha.

One of my closest friends was heavy with her first baby. Never seen her look this flabby... ooops, I mean healthy.
New shopping and dining center right smack in our neighborhood. How cool!
First
time in another new but much much bigger shopping mall not so far away.
I like the overall look, especially the promenade in the center and the
open area overlooking the Manila Bay. Unfortunately, I never got the
chance to take photos.

Rice, and more rice! My appetite suddenly went through the roof.

And then it was time to leave. Not so much had happened, I know, and I'd
say it was rather uneventful. Never expected so much anyway. I was just
happy and content that my homecoming did push through, after months of dillydallying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home